Jeff the Drummer
I started playing drums when I was just 12 years old. My drumming started on a 5-piece kit from a small drum company called Rockland Drums. After figuring out some basic skills, I jumped over to a PDP by DW kit with a simple Zildjian setup. I found myself learning a lot of punk beats, playing in punk rock bands and jamming high energy music.
My career in drumming continued and I found myself in a full-time band shortly after attending the University of Utah. I toured the US a handful of times with my band Reviver, a Denver-based band called Crooked Ways and occasionally filled in for the hardcore band Cool Your Jets.
Drumming is one of my favorite hobbies and forms of exercise, and it will always be my first love. I’ve played on many kits over the years and now use the following as my primary setup:
- Pork Pie Drums 4-Piece Maple Kit
- Orange County Drum & Percussion Vented Steel Snare
- Zildjian 15″ Mastersound High Hats
- Zildjian 21″ Sweet Ride (used as a crash)
- Zildjian 24″ A Ride (used as crash / ride)
- Zildjian 18″ A Oriental China
- DW 9000 Hardware (pedals, boom cymbal stands, high hat stand, throne)
I love talking drums and helping new drummers figure out their ideal setup. Drumming comes with a lot of personal preferences including the kit itself, how a person chooses to play and how their kit is tuned.
If you have any questions about drumming or just want to chat drums in general, reach out anytime. I guarantee I will talk your head off!